Photobiomodulation and Photobiostimulation are the scientific terms for Companion Therapy Laser's effect on tissue. Deep-penetrating photons from the laser influence cell chemistry in a variety of beneficial ways. Treatment time, power and laser pulse frequency are based on your pet's individual condition and body size.
What conditions can be treated?
- Ulcerations and open wounds
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Bone fractures (speeds fracture repair)
- Sprains and strains
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Back pain
- Neuromuscular disease
- Acute and chronic ear infections
- Hot spots
- Lick granulomas
- Degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip dysplasia
- Anal gland Infections
What to expect...
No sedation is required and the experience is usually pleasant and comforting to the animal. Pets do not need to have their hair clipped either. Although improvement is often seen after the first visit, most patients require several treatments (3 to 8) for greatest benefit. For most conditions, we recommend a multi-visit treatment plan. Treatments vary in length, but most sites require 2 to 8 minutes. A majority of patients exhibit greater comfort and mobility within 12 to 24 hours after a laser treatment.
Class IV laser therapy treatments are cumulative in nature. Therefore each additional treatment continues to improve your pet's condition. The length and frequency of treatments varies with your pet's condition. A sample treatment schedule is as follows:
- Every other day for one week (3 total)
- Twice the second week (2 total)
- Once the third week (1 total)
- Boosters as needed
We will recommend a treatment plan specific to your pet's condition after a consultation and physical examination. The cost of most treatments is $30 to $60 each, with discounted package deals available.
Where is it beneficial?
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser light therapy on tissues and cells:
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth
- Faster Wound Healing
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation
- Anti-Pain [Analgesic]
- Improved Vascular Activity
- Increased Metabolic Activity
- Improved Nerve Function
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points
For more information, please watch the video provided on this page or give us a call.