Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Our Clients
Lakeside Animal Clinic provides these pet resources for information only. We are not affiliated with nor do we specifically recommend these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
Local Referals & Resources
- Great Pets Boarding & Training – Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Vet Med Library, UIUC: Library of Plants Toxic to Animals – A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
Pet Health, Behavior & Info Sites
- Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pet Health Network – Find a breadth of health answers about your pet.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Pet Health Insurance Buyer's Guide - ASPCA's pet insurance buying guide.
- APHIS Pet Travel – USDA's information on domestic and international pet travel.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pet parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- CDC Rabies Information - Everything you need to know about the rabies virus.
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases - Learn about the risks of diseases people get from animals.
- Rainbow Bridge – A grief support community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.
- American Kennel Club
- Dog Owner's Guide – A nice starter guide of things to consider when thinking about getting a puppy.
- International Cat Care - Resources, support and advice that help you better care for your cats.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection and adoption of all animals.
- Southern Veterinary Partners